FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are preserved and dried flowers/foliage?
Preserved and dried flowers/foliage are two separate things.
- Preserved flowers/foliage are given a preservation liquid that replaces the moisture within the plant allowing the plant to maintain its pliability and beauty. Preserved flowers/foliage are not anymore fragile than fresh. In fact, in most cases they are more durable. Preserved flowers/foliage are pliable and are difficult distinguish from fresh.
- Dried flowers/foliage are usually harvested at their peak and then air dried. Unlike preserved flowers/foliage, dried can be more delicate. Here at Pick a Bloom our main focus is using preserved flowers/foliage however we do sometimes accent our arrangements with touches of dried flowers.
Do you offer samples?
- Yes! We offer sample boxes so you can see and feel the quality of our preserved flowers/foliage for yourself. Please note our samples are not custom, they are meant to give you an idea of the feel, texture, and durability of our preserved flowers/foliage.
Why Pick a Bloom?
We were one of the first shops to sell this unique flower alternative. That gives us experience on what works and what doesn’t. Secondly, most other shops exclusively use dried flowers, our arrangement are mainly preserved with some dried flowers mixed in. This gives our bouquets durability and a fresh bouquet appearance. Our blooms feel and look lifelike. Finally, because we’re fun, we just love what we do and collaborating with our clients. We are a friendly mother daughter duo with a passion for this unique flower alternative and our clients.
Do you accept custom orders?
- We do accept custom orders. In fact, we absolutely love collaborating with our clients . We can customize anything you see in our portfolio or create a completely custom design.
- For custom orders please fill out our custom quote form.
I sent my custom quote request, what’s next?
- Once we receive your custom quote form, we will work up a full quote along with photos of the flowers and foliage we’d intend on using in your design. Please note the photo is not of a completed bouquet, however it’s a photo collage of individual flowers and foliage. We also include deposit info (if applicable), final payment info as well as a ship date.
Do you offer rush orders?
- If you need your flowers in a hurry, don’t panic! Rush orders may be available. Please contact us as soon as possible for availability at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757.655.3338.
Payments, what is the payment schedule?
- A nonrefundable deposit in the amount of 50% of your total order will be required at the time of booking your flowers. Once your deposit is placed, flowers and foliage are ordered in and reserved for you.
- Nonrefundable final payments are typically due 8 weeks prior to your wedding date. Once your final payment is placed your wedding flower arrangements are assembled with love especially for you.
Will I see my flowers before they are shipped?
For custom orders, we send a photo of your completed blooms prior to shipment.
When will I receive my order?
- Orders will be shipped approximately 4 weeks prior to your wedding date. All orders are specially handmade for each individual client. Please allow adequate time for order completion and shipping to make sure your flowers arrive in time for your event. The order date is the date payment is received and accepted by Pick a Bloom LLC.
Do you charge sales tax?
- Sales tax is dependent on the state, province or territory to which the item is shipped.